mailRe: Failure of the grace2images.py script on MS Windows.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 30, 2013 - 12:31:
Hi Troels,

I ran the script on Windows (both in the terminal and windows
explorer) and a window appears quickly and then disappears.  I was
wondering if you could add a time.sleep() call at the end so that the
Python window stays open for long enough for the user to read?  Even
better would be if the output was to the terminal (see the Popen call
and the write to STDOUT and STDERR code just after in
pipe_control.dasha.execute() for how this is done), though the sleep
call would be useful when it is run from windows explorer.  Maybe it
would be useful to also check for the xmgrace, qtgrace, or gracegtk
binary, code could be copied directly from lib.io.test_binary(), and
then the detected version used or an error message printed to
sys.stdout if no binaries can be found.  This would help users when
things go wrong.