mail[bug #22730] Relax stop and quit at polate step

Posted by Edward d Auvergne on September 30, 2014 - 11:24:
Follow-up Comment #1, bug #22730 (project relax):

This is a rather strange problem that has not been seen before in the many
analyses performed using relax.  We should be able to work out what is
happening though.  To determine what the issue could be, I have a few
questions:

1)  Did the calculations on the Xubuntu VM and direct hardware finish at
exactly the same point?  I.e. 100% identical.  Or was it just close?

2)  Could you copy and paste the end of the log file (when you ran relax with
the --log or --tee options).  This will be the biggest clue to what the
problem is.  Or could you compress the file and attach it to this bug report
if it is less than 1 Mb.

3)  Could you run 'ls -alhtR > ls.log', then attach the ls.log file?  Could
you do exactly the same for the Xubuntu VM results?

4)  Could you run 'relax -i' and copy and paste the output.

5)  Which UI mode were you running in?  I.e. script, prompt, or graphical UI.

6)  If you haven't restarted the computer, could you run 'dmesg' and see if
you see anything suspicious about relax being 'killed', 'terminated', 'out of
memory' or OOM, etc.

  <http://gna.org/bugs/?22730>