mailproblem compiling

Posted by Douglas Kojetin on November 07, 2006 - 23:15:
Hi All-

My network connection is extremely slow today, so I am not able to search the message archives. I am posting this in the hope that someone knows how to resolve my problem (and I hope the message will make it out).

I am trying to install relax using the directions in the relax.pdf section 1.2.1 using the 'scons' program under OS X. I am seeing the following error (even after trying to execute 'scons' a few times, which is shown below):

% scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
gcc -bundle -bundle_loader /sw/bin/python -dynamic -dynamiclib -o maths_fns/relax_fit.dylib maths_fns/c_chi2.os maths_fns/ exponential.os maths_fns/relax_fit.os
powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: -bundle not allowed with -dynamiclib
scons: *** [maths_fns/relax_fit.dylib] Error 1

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.8 w/ gcc version 4.0.1 (PowerPC version). Any ideas on how to complete the compilation? Section 1.2.4 for compilation under OS X is blank.

Thanks,
Doug