mailRe: Reduced spectral density mapping VS Rex

Posted by Chris MacRaild on December 12, 2006 - 18:04:
Hi Sébastien,

The field dependence you note is expected for J(wN) and J(wH), because
the frequencies wN and wH are of course field dependent, and J(w)
decreases with increasing frequency. Field dependence in J(0) is not
expected, however. In fact I often use the consistency of J(0) across
datasets as a check on the quality of the data - any variation in J(0)
across datasets, irrespective of field, is an indication of
inconsistencies in the data.

If you are seeing inconsistency in J(0), then there are any number of
possible problems that might contribute. Changes in sample temperature
in the various magnets and sample instability (aggregation or
proteolytic degredation, eg) both tend to affect J(0) by changing the
apparent rotational diffusion of the molecule; imperfect water
supression causes errors in relaxation measurements, etc ...

Hope this helps,

Chris