mailRe: OpenDX templates

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on April 12, 2007 - 11:40:
Hi,

I agree - OpenDX is very painful to get data into, but once you do
work out how to do it the data visualisation capabilities are
impressive.  There are no templates per se in relax, however relax
does create the necessary files for visualisation of a 3D chi-squared
space using isosurfaces.  The figures in my 2006 JBNMR paper were
created using the dx.map() and dx.execute() user functions which
default to this mapping.  Essentially I used the
'sample_script/map.py' script.  As I have the need, I'll probably add
more OpenDX capabilities to relax.  Anyone else can do the same - most
of the code will end up being strings for creating the necessary text
files and hence won't be too complex.

The 3D mapping files probably will not be of much use for mapping a 5
dimensional space using 2D contour plots (unless these 2D plots are
isosurface plots).  From experience I would recommend replicating the
behaviour of certain programs, scripts, etc from the OpenDX samples,
usually located in '/usr/lib/dx/samples' in Posix systems.  The
hardest part is creating the '.general' file for initially importing
the data.

I hope this helps.  Cheers,

Edward