mailRe: NOE errors

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on August 18, 2007 - 11:58:
Hi,

This is exactly correct.  The formula you report Seb should be

           sd(NOE) = NOE * sqrt({sd(sat)/I(sat)}^2 + {sd(unsat)/(unsat)}^2).

Note the division rather than the multiplication.  This formula is
directly from Farrow et al. (Biochem. (1994), 33, 5984-6003).  If you
replace the NOE term with the intensity ratio, then take that into the
square root and simplify, you will end up with the formula found
within relax.  The two equivalent equations are both widely reported
in the literature.