mailCurve fitting

Posted by Sébastien Morin on October 16, 2008 - 06:11:
Hi,

I have a general question about curve fitting within relax.

Let's say I proceed to curve fitting for some relaxation rates
(exponential decay) and that I have a duplicate delay for error estimation.

========
delays

0.01
0.01
0.02
0.04
========

Will the mean value (for delay 0.01) be used for curve fitting and rate
extraction ?
Or will both values at delay 0.01 be used during curve fitting, hence
giving more weight on delay 0.01 ?

In other words, will the fit only use both values at delay 0.01 for
error estimation or also for rate extraction, giving more weight for
this duplicate point ?

How is this handled in relax ?

Instinctively, I would guess that the man value must be used for
fitting, as we don't want the points that are not in duplicate to count
less in the fitting procedure... Am I right ?

Thanks for clarifying this...

Séb