mailRe: latex script on final results

Posted by Tyler Reddy on November 11, 2008 - 12:11:
Tyler, would you know what fixed the first traceback issue?  I'd like
to try to fix that in relax as any traceback message in relax is
considered a bug.

I think it's just my python ignorance on this one. Here's how I produced the
traceback in latex_mf_table.py:

RESULTS_FILE = 'final/results.bz2'
results.read(RESULTS_FILE, dir=None)

I was proceeding on the assumption that specifying a directory at the location
of the file name would be equivalent to specifying the same information to the
dir argument of results.read

However, by setting dir='final' and removing the directory argument from the
file name itself, which I think is what was intended, the script works alright
(except for the RelaxError discussed below).

The only errors that don't count as bugs are the
RelaxError messages.  This one seems like a directory issue within the
structure section of the results file.  Could you possibly cut and
paste the results files lines corresponding to the loaded structure?
I would suggest submitting a bug report as well - and I think I might
be able to reproduce it with all the mol, res, and spin entries
deleted.  If I can get the test suite to reproduce this, I should be
able to easily fix this.

I'll try to get on this today. Would this influence my final values? All of my
S^2 values are <0.05 which is disturbing, and Sf^2 values are all <0.5. I'm
just reading these manually from the .tex file (assuming all this TeX coding
basically just means value|error for the successive column elements listed).

As for the .tex file, this is a LaTeX formatted table.  You can simply
use an \input{} command in your LaTeX document and the table will be
included.  You'll need the 2 packages as described in the script in
the preamble of your document.  If you haven't used LaTeX before, you
can create a very simple PDF document from this file by adding the
lines:

\documentclass[a4paper, 11pt, twoside, openright]{book}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{booktabs}
\begin{document}

to the start of the file, and the line:

\end{document}

to the end.  Then compile using latex by typing something like:

$ latex results.tex
$ latex results.tex
$ latex results.tex
$ dvips -o results.ps results.dvi
$ ps2pdf results.ps

You'll then have the results.pdf file to play with.

Okay, my system is small enough that I can just read the values manually from
the .tex file for the moment. I'll try to include these additional lines for
converting to PDF at some point.

Tyler