mailRE: AIC to select diffusion model

Posted by Tiago Pais on December 15, 2009 - 10:28:
Ok!
Now it's making sense!
The 'final run' from the full_analysis.py is exactly what I was looking for,
I hope!!;)
Thanks a lot, let see how it works.
Cheers
TiagoP

-----Original Message-----
From: edward.dauvergne@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:edward.dauvergne@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Edward d'Auvergne
Sent: terça-feira, 15 de Dezembro de 2009 9:22
To: Tiago Pais
Cc: relax-users@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AIC to select diffusion model

Hi,

No, you have to do the analysis for each diffusion tensor separately.
This part of the n*l^m number of spaces/universes (where n = num diff
models, m = num model-free models, l = num spins), the n part, is
separable!  This is because the spherical diffusion models do not
depend on the spheroidal diffusion models, unlike the model-free
models for each spin.  So you can do a full analysis with the
ellipsoid, a full analysis with the oblate spheroid, etc.  Then at the
end you perform AIC model selection to choose between the diffusion
models to find the universal solution.  This is all contained in the
'final' run of the full_analysis.py blackbox model-free script.  To
see the tensor type, the diffusion_tensor.display() user function will
print this at the very top.