mailRe: Tensor Euler angles

Posted by V.V. on January 23, 2012 - 19:29:
Thank you, Edward.

I will re-read the papers you mention to see if I misunderstood
something. My confusion is mostly about the fixed parameters. Please
correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that if the diffusion tensor
is initialized manually and is set as "fixed", then the values in the
output should be the same as entered.

The protein I work on has a symmetry axis, and the initial diffusion
tensor estimation seemed to work quite well. I had mixed results with
the "dauvergne_protocol.py", as in some instances the spheroid tensors
were converging with |Dratio| of 4e-3, which did not make a lot of
sense. The results also tended to oscillate extensively and in some
cases the calculations lasted through ~120 rounds. I was under the
impression that the tensor convergence was an issue and this was the
main reason for reverting to the individual scripts.

I use the data at three fields (R1, R2, NOE for two fields and R1, NOE
for the third).

Vitaly