mailBaseline correction in relaxation analysis

Posted by Martin Ballaschk on July 03, 2012 - 11:36:
Dear relax-users, dear Edward,

is a baseline correction recommended when processing spectra for relaxation
analysis?

To my understanding, with baseline correction, peak volumes will be more
accurate, which is important for quantitative analysis. But won't weak
signals be distorted and hence bias introduced?

So far, I've always performed a baseline correction.
I'd be interested in your opinion on this.

Cheers
Martin