mailRe: Baseline correction in relaxation analysis

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 03, 2012 - 12:10:
Hi Martin,

A polynomial baseline correction in the direct dimension is essential.
 You'll see this in the baseplane noise if you drop the contour levels
all the way down - certain horizontal rows will be slightly below and
other above the average level of zero.  Note that if you perform any
extraction in the spectra to discard areas of pure white noise, you
should do this at the very end after the polynomial baseline
correction.  The reason is because the baseline correction will
operate on and significantly benefit from the data you throw away.  I
would also highly recommend using peak heights rather than volumes, as
molecules exhibit their most interesting dynamics for peaks most often
in the random coil region.  These interesting spins often have peak
overlap, and volume integration is much less accurate in such cases.
I hope some of this helps.