mailRe: Stage 2 of palmer.py

Posted by Shantanu Bhattacharyya on January 08, 2013 - 08:32:
Hello Edward,

Thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for the delayed response.

1. You guessed absolutely correctly that I don't have data for the second magnetic field yet. Having said that, I do have access to the 500 MHz magnet except that my data with the 600 Mhz machine (with cryoprobe) was not too great. I am worried about the quality of data from the 500 MHz non cryoprobe spec.

2. I am indeed running the latest version of relax (2.1.2). The stage 2 of palmer.py keeps failing as I reported in my original email. I believe it might have something to do with the naming of the spin ids. it is just a hunch though. I am using only residue numbers as yet instead of actual residue names.

3. I got the farthest by running mf_multimodel.py followed by modsel.py. I am confused though about the diffusion tensor optimization part. If I run the script, how will the script know about the model selection and and elimination process that has already taken place. Is there a way I can tell that to the diff_min.py to not worry about selection and elimination but use the results from modsel.py ? Can I load the results ?

4. I am certainly hoping to find a way to get an automated script or set of scripts that perfectly handle the data at single magnetic field although quite rightly data from two magnetic fields ought to be used whenever possible. If I can do that, I will love to make it available as a part of the relax sample scripts.

Forgive me if some of my queries sound too beginner level but any help at this stage will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shantanu S. Bhattacharyya