mailRe: m0 models

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on February 05, 2013 - 11:32:
Hi,

The 10 seconds for the NOE seems a little excessive (unless this is an
IDP or very small protein).  Have you quantified the time required for
recovery?  As for the peak picking and fitting, my experience is that
with the proper temperature control and calibration, then the
following routine is the most accurate for extracting relaxation rates
(this is yet to be published):

- Shift all peaks to their maximum in each spectrum (pc in Sparky for
example).
- Average the peak lists across all spectra for one relaxation data set.
- Measure peak heights using the averaged peak lists.

I would not touch volume integration.  One other thing you need to be
very careful with is sample concentration.  If you require multiple
samples then you should aim to have identical protein concentrations
(volume does not matter).  Slight concentration differences can have a
large effect on the global tumbling of you system, hence the data
cannot be combined.  I hope some of this helps.