mailRe: Model-free analysis error

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on February 07, 2014 - 17:27:
Hi Ivan,

Welcome to the relax mailing lists!  The problem you are seeing
appears to be a genuine bug in relax caused by incomplete data input.
This is no fault of your own and relax should, in this case, be
presenting you with a window explaining which data is missing.  As
this is a relax bug, could you please submit a bug report at
https://gna.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=relax ?  That would be
greatly appreciated.  It would be very useful if you could attach data
files containing only data for about 2 spin systems (you can randomise
these slightly if you wish to keep them secret).  The PDB file could
also be truncated to only include those residues or atoms.  All the
truncated files can be attached to the bug report.  Then if you could
give a description of every step you take in the GUI to produce the
bug, I should then be able to replicate the bug and fix it within
minutes.  I will also be able to use all of your files to create a
'GUI test' which will catch the bug and, when the test passes, I will
then know that the bug is truly and permanently eliminated.

Cheers!

Edward

P. S.  The simple solution is that you need to click on the buttons
under the relaxation data list to set up the spin isotope information
and the dipolar and CSA relaxation mechanisms.  But if you could
submit the bug report, that would be of great benefit as the bug can
then be squashed!