mailRE: dimer

Posted by Olena Dobrovolska on July 31, 2014 - 17:27:
Dear Edward,

I have doubled the spins for the NOE, T1, T2 files to run the analysis for
the dimer. The analysis took more than a month, and it was not completed
(stopped at the 'prolate' step), I believe because we were running it on a
virtual machine (Xubuntu), and not on a Linux computer, which we are going to
do.
However, I wanted also to try running Relax on the separate protein parts.
The protein we are working with is composed of the domains arranged as
N-C-C-N. And I would like to run the first calculation for the C-C part, for
which I prepared the NOE, T1 and T2 files (output from DC) by doubling the
spins and cutting off the N-terminal parts (in the same way I have prepared
also the data for the N-terminal domain of the protein). However, I can not
load the data and therefore start the calculations. Whereas the NOE files
error message:

relax> bruker.read(ri_id='T1_700_N',
file='/home/olena/Desktop/BpUreE_domains/T1_UreE_700_Nterm.txt', dir=None)
Opening the file '/home/olena/Desktop/BpUreE_domains/T1_UreE_700_Nterm.txt'
for reading.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/relax-3.2.1/gui/wizards/wiz_objects.py", line 670, in
_go_next
    self._pages[self._current_page]._apply(event)
  File "/usr/local/relax-3.2.1/gui/wizards/wiz_objects.py", line 164, in
_apply
    self.exec_status = self.on_execute()
  File "/usr/local/relax-3.2.1/gui/uf_objects.py", line 887, in on_execute
    return_status = self.execute(self.name, **kargs)
  File "/usr/local/relax-3.2.1/gui/uf_objects.py", line 809, in execute
    return_status = interpreter.apply(uf, *args, **kwds)
  File "/usr/local/relax-3.2.1/gui/interpreter.py", line 109, in apply
    apply(fn, args, kwds)
  File "/usr/local/relax-3.2.1/pipe_control/bruker.py", line 54, in read
    values, errors, res_nums, int_type, frq, ri_type, spin_name, isotope,
version = parse_file(file=file, dir=dir)
  File "/usr/local/relax-3.2.1/lib/software/bruker_dc.py", line 164, in
parse_file
    rx = float(row[-2])
IndexError: list index out of range

Therefore, I couldn't even load the dataset for this protein part, or
precisely the T1 and T2 data. The files format is identical to those used for
the full protein. Why then it doesn't want to load? For me it is unclear in
this message where could be the problem. Could you please help? If you want I
can send you only the files I prepared and would appreciate if you have a
look.

Thank you.
Olena