mailRe: Relaxation dispersion clustering calculation time

Posted by Chung-ke Chang on September 09, 2014 - 10:38:
Dear Troels and Edward,

Thank you for the pointers. I was not aware that a new version was out last
week, so I’ve asked the IT people to install it on our cluster. Below is the
output from ‘relax -i’:

[chungke@nmrc10 onc_dAUGA_MES_310K]$ relax -i

                                  relax repository checkout r24533
                                 svn://svn.gna.org/svn/relax/trunk

                              Molecular dynamics by NMR data analysis

                             Copyright (C) 2001-2006 Edward d'Auvergne
                         Copyright (C) 2006-2014 the relax development team

This is free software which you are welcome to modify and redistribute under
the conditions of the
GNU General Public License (GPL).  This program, including all modules, is
licensed under the GPL
and comes with absolutely no warranty.  For details type 'GPL' within the
relax prompt.

Assistance in using the relax prompt and scripting interface can be accessed
by typing 'help' within
the prompt.

Processor fabric:  Uni-processor.

Hardware information:
    Machine:                 x86_64
    Processor:               x86_64
    Processor name:          Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5430  @ 2.66GHz
    Endianness:              little
    Total RAM size:          7983 Mb
    Total swap size:         8189 Mb

Operating system information:
    System:                  Linux
    Release:                 2.6.18-164.el5
    Version:                 #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 03:28:30 EDT 2009
    Full platform string:    Linux-2.6.18-164.el5-x86_64-with-redhat-5.3-Final

Python information:
    Architecture:            64bit ELF
    Python version:          2.5.1
    Python build:            r251:54863, Jul 23 2008 17:35:20
    Python compiler:         GCC Intel(R) C++ gcc 4.1 mode
    Libc version:            glibc 2.3
    Python executable:       /program/nmr/bin/python
    Python module path:      ['/program/nmr/relax',
'/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg',
'/program/nmr/lib/python25.zip', '/program/nmr/lib/python2.5',
'/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/plat-linux2',
'/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk',
'/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload',
'/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/site-packages',
'/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Scientific/linux2']

Python packages and modules (most are optional):

Name               Installed    Version             Path

minfx              True         1.0.8
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/minfx
bmrblib            True         1.0.3
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bmrblib
numpy              True         1.6.2
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy
scipy              False

wxPython           False

matplotlib         True         0.98.3
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib
mpi4py             True         1.3.1
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/mpi4py
epydoc             False

optparse           True         1.5.3
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/optparse.pyc
readline           True
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/readline.so
profile            True
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/profile.pyc
bz2                True
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/bz2.so
gzip               True
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/gzip.pyc
io                 False

xml                True         0.8.4 (internal)
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/xml/__init__.pyc
xml.dom.minidom    True
/program/nmr/lib/python2.5/xml/dom/minidom.pyc

relax information:
    Version:                 repository checkout r24533
svn://svn.gna.org/svn/relax/trunk
    Processor fabric:        Uni-processor.

relax C modules:

Module                        Compiled    File type
                                        Path

target_functions.relax_fit    True        ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, AMD
x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
/program/nmr/relax/target_functions/relax_fit.so

As for the data itself, I am using data obtained on two fields and use both
from the start.

Upon closer look at the R20 parameters, I think both of you are right: the
R20a and R20b numbers are really funky. I shall follow your suggestions and
run the calculations with the CR72 and B14 models instead.

Cheers,

Chung-ke

On Sep 9, 2014, at 4:25 PM, Troels Emtekær Linnet <tlinnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>