mailIssue with Pymol/CCPN menus after Relax install

Posted by Lisa Warner on March 19, 2015 - 17:45:
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is a forum topic or not. Recently all of the menu
graphics for pymol and ccpn analysis stopped working shortly after I
installed Relax, which is why I'm posting this. Initially, I installed the
Macports version of Relax, but then noticed that it wasn't as up-to-date as
the current distribution on the Stand-Alone distribution on the Relax
website, so I installed that. It was a short time after that I noticed that
pymol/analysis menus were not working anymore. The problem could be
anything at this point, maybe not Relax related at all. I'm just trying to
figure things out. I think this is a tk-related issue. (I have already
tried to reinstall with the -no_tkinter suggestion).

My question is this:

Do the python packages that go with the stand-alone Relax get put into or
overwrite the system files? /usr/bin/?

Even if they do, it shouldn't matter because all of my dependencies for
Pymol/CCPN should be sourcing the macports install dir /opt/local/bin...

I've uninstalled all Relax and all softwares installed with Macports and
reinstalled only pymol and it's dependencies to try to tease out the
problem. But even after removing everything and a fresh install of Pymol, I
still have the same problem.

I realize this may not even be a problem from Relax, but if you have any
advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks --
Lisa