mailAW: Model free on symmetric homodimer, problems with grace plots

Posted by Panwalkar, Vineet on October 07, 2015 - 10:47:
Hello Edward,

Thanks for the reply.
I have compared the results from the local_tm global model to the selected
diffusion tensors for both light and dark states. In both cases the final S2
values are in reasonable agreement with the local_tm model S2 values. For the
light state, the local_tm S2 valus are around 0.17 on an average as well.
Both the states of the protein are dimers in solution as far as DLS, SAXS and
analytical size exclusion chromatography has illustrated. Especially the
light state. We tried measuring Kd of the dimerization and it is lower
nanomolar range. For the relaxation data acquisition I have used 0.5mM
samples. For the dark state I have observed that it has a tendency to form
some form of oligomer in solution at concentrations ranging from 1mM to 10
uM, the tendency decreasing with decrease in concentration. The light active
state does not show this at any concentration. I tested this using comparison
of the product of R1 and R2 rates, which is viscosity independent, between
multiple concentrations. This actually makes the light state results even
more puzzling. I will go back and check if by mistake I have forgotten to
remove data sets for certain overlapped resonances and/or re-record the
experiments.

Regards,

Vineet