mailRe: RelaxWarning: comparison to `None` will result in an elementwise object comparison in the future

Posted by Sze Chan on October 16, 2015 - 15:07:
Hello Edward,

Thank you for the quick reply and great insight. I have uploaded a truncated
version of the R1 600 MHz data. As I have only residue information in my data
file, I am trying to load into 15N spins. I appear to only have a problem
uploading my data if I load into @N* spins, but if I load into @N spins it
appears fine.

The problem does persist in relax 4.0 for me.

Sam

From: edward.dauvergne@xxxxxxxxx <edward.dauvergne@xxxxxxxxx> on behalf of
Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 8:54 AM
To: Sze Chan
Cc: relax-users@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RelaxWarning: comparison to `None` will result in an elementwise

On 11 October 2015 at 19:32, Sze Chan <samuelsw.chan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RelaxWarning: comparison to `None` will result in an elementwise object
comparison in the future.

Hi Sam,

This warning is due to something called a FutureWarning which was
introduced into numpy >= 1.9.  It looks like the numpy would like to
change how '==' operates on their numpy arrays.  So the previous relax
code was of the form:

    if vector == None:

This used to work and was good for checking if we had set a value.
However the numpy people would like us to now instead use:

    if vector is None:

I am running the test suite now with Python 3.5 and numpy 1.9.2, using:

$ python3.5 relax -x -d --tee test_suite.log --traceback

That way I can find all such warnings and replace '==' with 'is' and
silence them all.  However as I mentioned in the other email, this is
not the problem you are having with the analysis.  Thanks for pointing
it out though, the fixes I'll make here will allow relax to continue
running with future numpy versions.