mailRe: Using multi-processor for model_free

Posted by Troels Emtekær Linnet on October 06, 2016 - 00:10:
I think there is nothing more to do here.

Call the nearest computer wizard,
and give a round of beer.

Best Troels

Den onsdag den 5. oktober 2016 skrev Mahdi, Sam <sam.mahdi.846@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

But i already have mpi4py installed from the package list.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Troels Emtekær Linnet <
tlinnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','tlinnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

Hi Sam.

Akk you PI to run this:

sudo -- sh -c 'setenv MPICC /usr/lib64/openmpi-1.10/bin/mpicc; pip
install mpi4py'
or
sudo -i
setenv MPICC /usr/lib64/openmpi-1.10/bin/mpicc
pip install mpi4py

Where '/usr/lib64/openmpi-1.10/bin/mpicc' should be the path to mpicc.

Find the path with:
which mpicc

Look here:
https://mpi4py.scipy.org/docs/usrman/install.html

Under:
"Using pip or easy_install"

You need to tell where the mpicc is with the environment, so mpi4py can
be compiled correctly.

Note: Setting the environment in BASH and TCSH is different!

BASH:
sudo -- sh -c 'env MPICC=/usr/lib64/openmpi-1.10/bin/mpicc; pip install
mpi4py'

TCSH: