mailMerging of the 'warning' branch back into the 1.2 line.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 13, 2006 - 16:44:
Chris, would you like to do the merging of the 'warning' branch back
into the main line?  Once the second instance of the 'format'
function, the one which is a method of the 'error.py' file rather than
the function of RelaxWarnings, the code will be ready for merging.
The process for merging is described in the Subversion manual.  See
the sections "Chapter 4 Branching and Merging; Common Use-Cases;
Common Branching Patterns; Feature Branches" and the section "Chapter
4 Branching and Merging; Common Use-Cases; Merging a Whole Branch to
Another".  Essentially there are two steps: the first is the merging
of the changes that occurred in the 1.2 line into the branch and
resolving any conflicts; the second is to merging the branch back into
the 1.2 line.

The merging of the 'nan_catch_test' branch can be used as an example
of what to do.  The initial merge of the 1.2 line into the branch is
documented at https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-commits/2006-09/msg00007.html
apologise if you already know all of this Chris!  This is an attempt
to create an easy to find reference to point to for future relax
developers.

Thanks,

Edward

P.S. Unfortunately when the subject line is changed in Gmail, the thread in the archive (https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/) is broken and a new thread starts. It must mangle the header when the subject is changed. For reference the parent message to this post is located at https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-09/msg00002.html (Message-id: <1158156403.9972.33.camel@mrspell>).

On 9/14/06, Chris MacRaild <c.a.macraild@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 21:42 +1000, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I've added the comments to the RelaxWarnings as well as to a few
> additional RelaxError classes.  The RelaxWarning comments were
> discussed in the parent post
> (https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-08/msg00082.html,
> links to the relax related web pages are to help with the indexing by
> Google and other search engines.  It appears to be working nicely.
> The message-ids have been added to enable the post to be precisely
> identified in archived email messages.
>
> The code in the 'warning' branch is very close to being in a state to
> merge.  But before that happens I have a question about the format
> function.  In the current code the function is duplicated, once
> defined as a method of the 'error.py' module, the other as a function
> of the RelaxWarning system class 'RelaxWarnings'.  From my reading of
> the code, I can only see a need for the function within the
> RelaxWarnings class.  This is the function which is called by the line
> 'warnings.formatwarning = self.format'.  Is there a reason for the
> second copy?

Sorry, the additional copy of the function is a vestige of some
experimentation I was doing. It should never have made it into the
repository. You are right - it is only required as a method of the
RelaxWarnings class.

Chris