mailRe: Representing the Brownian rotational diffusion tensor in Molmol, etc.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 29, 2006 - 09:36:
I started to add code to relax to enable interfacing with PyMOL.  I
have used the information below 'pymol -qp' to open a pipe to write to
PyMOL, however I am having problems with the program quiting.  The
issue is that if relax terminates, the pipe closes and PyMOL exits
saying:

 PyMOL: normal program termination.

I'm not sure how to stop PyMOL from exiting when relax finishes?
Using exactly the same code with Molmol isn't a problem, relax
terminates and Molmol is happy to continue running.  A script which
triggers the problem is:

-----
from time import sleep

# Create the run.
run.create('test', 'mf')

# Execute PyMOL.
pymol.view('test')

# Wait 30 seconds before terminating relax (by dropping off the end of
the script).
sleep(30)
-----

The user function 'pymol.view()' is the only functional function, if
you can call it that.  The pymol code is within the branch
'tensor_pdb'.  It's location in the subversion repository at
'branches/tensor_pdb' and the code can be checked out anonymously
using the command:

svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/relax/branches/tensor_pdb

or:

svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/relax/branches/tensor_pdb

Any help would be appreciated.