mailRe: unit tests vs... the current test_suite

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on October 31, 2006 - 16:38:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

On 10/31/06, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Two comments

1. we need to be able to run the unittests woithou the gui sometimes ;-)
(I tend to view qa lot of gui stuff for calculations as 'sugar' command
lines are often quicker easier and more informative)

Good point.  The test-suite GUI could be an optional and future
feature.  Then again, it could be incorporated into the Qt GUI if that
code ever takes off.

2. I think the unit_test folder will need to be a mirror of the relax
source tree otherwise there will be name space clashes...

Could the files be named something like
'test_specific_fns_model_free.py'?  That would avoid many directories.
I'm not worried about complexity with the test suite though - if it's
a (partial) mirror of the normal tree, then it should be pretty simple
to work out.

A more contentius statement is that it should be a mirror orf the normal
tree, most files should have test cases.... ;-)

Edward

.

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407