mailRe: Managing the 'test_suite' branch.

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on November 02, 2006 - 13:38:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

On 11/2/06, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

> Make sure that your commit contains solely the bug fix (commit early
> and often is the open source way).  Then just merge it normally into
> 1.3 and 1.2 with 'svn merge'.

there is a problem here. when i commited Revision: 2723 it included both merges and the corrections to float.py and test-float.py to correct bugs. thus i propose to copy the changes to copy the changes to float.py to the 1.2 and 1.3 branch and manually commit them with relevant comments. the other alternative would be to revert these two files in the test-suite branch ton their 1.3/1.2 form and then reapply the changes an create two commits. now i think about this this seems better what do you think...

The standard way would be to revert the change and then apply them
separately.  Then the revision with the fix can be picked up as a
single unit and ported to the main lines.  Didn't r2723
(https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-commits/2006-11/msg00018.html) just
consist of three merges from the 1.2 line??

no I packages the other stuff with it, sorry ignorance isn't always bliss

Log:
ported r2634,r2636 & r2716 to the test-suite branch, corrected test_float.py

commands used
svn merge -r2633:2634 svn+ssh://varioustoxins@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/1.2
svn merge -r2635:2636 svn+ssh://varioustoxins@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/1.2
svn merge -r2715:2716 svn+ssh://varioustoxins@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/1.2

these changes add the ieee-754 nan/inf code, add nan catching
and change Test_float so the first unit test works.
I also tidied some conventions

Edward

regards
gary

nb if you note a lack of capitals and brackets here i seem to have lost shift and caps lock fuctions on my keyboard at the moment ...

I could imagine that that would cause problems :)

.yep no smileys for a start! :-)

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407