mailRe: r3092 - /1.3/test_suite/unit_tests/unit_test_runner.py

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on March 08, 2007 - 12:41:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

That was a large patch!   I think it might be worth adding the year
2007 to the copyright notice.  I'm assuming that the Run_unit_test
arguments are still being worked on - I've tried but have been unable
to make the tests operational from within relax.  The --unit-test
command line argument executes Run_unit_test from the file 'relax'
whereas the --test-suite command line argument executes Run_unit_test
from the file 'test_suite/runner.py', but unfortunately I cannot
currently make either work.  Btw, I still don't quite understand why
'root_system_directory' and 'root_unit_test_directory' are lists and
I'm now confused by the description of 'root_system_directory'.  What
is the 'distribution'?

[snip]

chop

Hi Ed
This was a little obtuse I guess. I have deleted 'distribution' from the documentation and replaced it with 'the directory in which relax is installed' I also changed the docs so it is clear that root_system_directory is a search template and offset. I will also rename these variables soon as they are badly named so

@type root_system_directory: a list containing a directory name followed by a
relative path
@param root_system_directory: a search template for the directory in which relax is installed.
The directory which relax is installed in is viewed as the the 'PYTHONPATH'
of the classes to be tested. It must be unique and defined
relative to the test suite. For the current setup
in relax this is (\'test_suite\', /'..\'). The first string is a
directory structure to match the second string is a relative path from that
directory to the system directory. The search is started from the
value of root_path in the file system.

@type root_unit_test_directory: a list containing a directory name followed by a
relative path
@param root_unit_test_directory: a search template for the directory from which all unit
module directories descend. For the current setup in relax
this is (\'unit_tests\', \'.\'). The search is started from the true
value of root_path in the file system.

(this isn't in the repository yet...)

regards gary

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407