mailRe: r3237 - in /branches/multi_processor: multi/mpi4py_processor.py relax

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on March 20, 2007 - 16:01:
On 3/21/07, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

> On 3/21/07, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
>>
>> > My personal experience with the coding of the grid computing code, I
>> > would assume that there are a number of differences.  For example the
>> > algorithm relax currently uses to handle computers of different
>> > speeds.
>>
>> This should not make a difference you just divide more finely and weight
>> the size of the job by computer (you can even send off the finer grained
>> task one at a time and then send new ones as tasks are completed... the
>> same way as you do in the thread code)
>

> The model-free problem places a lower bound on the minimum granularity
> size.  That limit is the optimisation instance.

so an optimisation instance is one of the minimsation instances from here?

Yep.

There are 4 different classes of model-free model supported by relax.
These are found by the 'determine_param_set_type()' method and are
handled differently by the 'minimise()' method and the 'maths_fns.mf'
module.  The four types are:
   'mf' - one model-free model.
   'local_tm' - one model-free model together with the local tm parameter.
   'diff' - solely the diffusion tensor (the model-free model
parameters are held constant).
   'all' - all model-free models of all spin systems together with
the Brownian rotational diffusion parameters.

The minimise() method loops over the minimisation instances which for
the four models total n, n, 1, and 1 instances respectively.

Bye,