mailRe: [bug #12499] DIFF_MODEL = 'prolate' optimization failure

Posted by Tyler Reddy on October 31, 2008 - 17:51:
I'm on the 14th round of 'prolate' optimization at several hours per round. I
guess I'll have to try and get errors a different way as we discussed for this
to be reasonable in relax.

Tyler

Quoting Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

You'll need to update using:

$ svn up

then install as root/administrator by typing (assuming python is
installed as root):

$ python setup.py install

in the minfx base directory.  Then the crash shouldn't happen.  If it
does still have problems, it would be worth reporting it to the minfx
mailing lists (https://gna.org/mail/?group=minfx).  A bug report for
minfx can be submitted at
https://gna.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=minfx.

As for this taking a long time to optimise, that is because of the
convoluted, very tight optimisation space.  You can decrease the
max_iter value from 1e7 in the minimise() user function at the start
to to maybe 1e5, but this should not be done at the end of the
analysis.  I would say though that all these problems will go away
with a better error analysis in the R2 curve-fitting.