mailRe: cst branch development

Posted by Pavel Kaderavek on January 22, 2009 - 14:34:
If I understood, your note is also valid for weights_csa1 and weights_csa2 (weights_csaC.py is different because it is connected to the crosscorelation term and in the weights_dipY is necessary to add dimension for each variable to include the possibility to work with an arbitrary number of the interacting spins ... but I think it is the same issue as
 in dipY_jw_mf.py), isn't it?
Regards
Pavel

 On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:07:02 +0100
From: Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Pavel Kaderavek <kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: relax-devel@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: cst branch development

Right, I think I can guess from your file naming where the files come
from ;)  I've had a look at the code in the *_jw_mf.py files, and I
can see that this code is redundant  The changes are simply a massive
renaming of 1 single variable across the entire code base.  I'm
looking at the code in:

https://www.ncbr.chemi.muni.cz/~kada/relax-1.2.10_cst.tar

There is a far easier and quicker way to do this for the 1.3 line, and
that is in the mf_csa.py file (when I get to this one, I'll look and
see if this needs to be a separate file (which I don't like)).
Because these are all functions accepting the 'data' data storage
object, you should create 4 of these data objects instead and run the
functions on each one by one.  These 4 structures should be named
something like 'data_csa1', 'data_csa2', 'data_csacross', 'data_dipY'.
I need to study your code more to understand everything that is
happening.  These then all should use the identical jw_mf.py
functions, as these do not in anyway change.

For the 'cst_1.2.10' branch, I'll use 'svn cp' to create your files,
and then put in all your changes into the 'maths_fns' directory (the
other parts from Petr will go in later).  Please watch the commit
messages going to the relax-commits mailing list.  For the 'cst'
branch, this duplication is bad programing style and the 4 different
structures will need to be created.  Don't worry about your
programming abilities though as I will help you here if you need it.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>