mailRe: ENC 2009 poster.

Posted by Sébastien Morin on March 23, 2009 - 17:44:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
2009/3/23 Sébastien Morin <sebastien.morin.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Ed,

The poster looks great ! The design is very attractive and the color blend
is also very nice !

Thanks.  The butterfly and title should hopefully get people's
attention.  And the pictures of diffusion tensors, etc. is a great
idea that should help.

Here are a few typos I found:

1. Sub-section "Interfacing with other programs"
  effectively using these ARE replacement optimisation engines
     -> effectively using these AS replacement optimisation engines

2. Section "The power of open source"
  all RESOURSES
     -> all RESOURCES
  will be easily ACCESSABLE
     -> will be easily ACCESSIBLE

3, Sub-section "Relaxation data consistency"
  the consistency of experimentally measured relaxation data
     -> the consistency of MULTIPLE-FIELD experimentally measured relaxation
data

Thanks for picking these up.  It was a rough draft so I hadn't checked
for this yet.  I think I've used the word 'accessible' too much there
actually.

Concerning a potential figure to add for the consistency sub-section, I
could propose one from the supplementary material of the paper you
referenced (Morin & Gagné, Biophys J, 2009 ; which should be out soon,
hopefully). Please find the eps figure as well as the grace file:
  http://maple.rsvs.ulaval.ca/users/semor/tmp/consistency__J0_semor.eps
  http://maple.rsvs.ulaval.ca/users/semor/tmp/consistency__J0_semor.agr

Right, I'll try to fit this in.  Cheers.

Moreover, I would propose maybe adding a figure for the diffusion tensor
representation in the "Data visualisation" sub-section. I could propose
another figure from the supplementary material of Morin & Gagné (Biophys J,
2009) which shows the diffusion tensor and the distribution of the N-H
vectors along the three principal axes of diffusion for PSE-4
beta-lactamase:
  http://maple.rsvs.ulaval.ca/users/semor/tmp/PSE-4_tensor_xh.odg
http://maple.rsvs.ulaval.ca/users/semor/tmp/PSE-4_tensor_xh.eps
This figure is quite big, but a part of it could show how attractive and
useful the diffusion tensor representation is !

This is also very useful to show capabilities.  How did you remove the
equatorial lines in the diffusion tensors?

The equatorial lines were removed manually within Pymol. For each line, I seleted the atoms connected using Ctrl and the center button on the mouse. Then, once the two atoms were selected, I removed the line using Ctrl-d. Note that you can then save the molecule to a new pdb file for further use. Moreover, if, by accident, you remove a needed line, you can re-introduce it using Ctrl-t.

Cheers,

Séb  :)

Sébastien Morin
PhD Student