mailRe: input data: nmrpipe/nlinls

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 20, 2009 - 17:08:
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Douglas
Kojetin<douglas.kojetin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Edward,

I'll give it a try.  It doesn't seem like it should be too hard.  I planned
on calling the function intensity_nlinls() -- the peak list is from the
NMRPipe suite, but the peak list reading procedure will be specific for the
nlinLS-type peak list (different vs. a normal NMRDraw/NMRPipe peak list).

Just give it a go and see.  It doesn't matter if you get something
working or not.  Note that relax has high quality standards for code
acceptance (like most open source projects), but I can help you
through this if you have something functional.  Oh, what does nlinLS
stand for?  One of the things about relax is that variables and
function names are quite long.  This is very different from what most
coders do, but it helps non-coders understand.  So maybe there is a
more intuitive, longer name for this?

I will need help on how to submit changes, etc. using svn.

'svn diff' shows the difference.  This output can be used as it is
called a 'patch'.  If you have a patch, we can create a task
(http://gna.org/task/?group=relax) where these files can be attached.
All of this process should be very clearly explained in the relax
manual (otherwise that is a bug in the manual).  I would also
recommend reading chapter 9 of the manual to understand a little about
how things in relax work - both in the code and the open source
infrastructure.