mail[bug #13993] Not reasonnable R2 fitting calculation time

Posted by Olivier Serve on July 21, 2009 - 11:52:

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 1.3.3
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

Hi,
Using my data (sparky format) to extract R2 from the relaxation experiments
and the relaxation fitting sample script provided with relax, I have an
unexpected behaviour. First the calculation time is really long (4~5 ) hours
on a recent 2.66 Ghz Xeon, and finally error estimation is very high.
I am even more suprised that, it worked perfectly with T1 data. NMRViewJ gave
also coherent results for both T1 and T2 experiments.

I joined a archive containing the peak list files (reduced to 10 residues), a
pdb file and the modified relax script.

I hope it can be fixed, I would like to use relax for the analyis of
relaxation data of course.

Thank you for your help
Best regards,
Olivier Serve