mailRe: Mitgliedsantrag für die Gruppe relax

Posted by Sébastien Morin on November 20, 2009 - 04:04:
Hi Michael,

[Sorry if you receive this mail twice, but I've had problems with the
mail server here...]

I've had a look at the script you provided and, as Edward, I think it
would be nice if this could be integrated as part of relax sample scripts.

Then, after addition of this code by any developer, you could further
test it and improve it by submitting patches (if needed). This would be
a nice way to get involved in relax and prove your abilities...

Regards,

Séb

P.S. Sincerely, with this script and the relax Gui, I guess proving your
abilities won't be long...    :)

It just requires a number of patches to be submitted and accepted,
good design decisions being made, playing by the open source rules,
etc.  It is not a fast process, but is fairly standard for open
source.  As for not being a programmer, when I started neither was I
when I started.  You learn by modifying and extending code from a
small starting point.  So this shouldn't be an issue.  For this
script, do I have your permission to include it into the 1.3
repository line?  Would you mind licencing this script using the GPL,
making it open source?  This requires a header such as in the
full_analysis.py script.  Without such licencing, copyrighted material
cannot be legally distributed with relax.