mailRe: Launching the GUI from relax.

Posted by Michael Bieri on November 27, 2009 - 06:05:
Hi Edward

Thank you very much for the branch. I made some modifications and included your and Sébastien's comments.

Unfortunately, I have a problem launching the relax functions. For example by starting the noe calculation, an error appears:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/michael/Programme/relax_bieri_gui/gui_bieri/relax_gui.py", line 2645, in exec_noe1 make_noe(self.res_noe1.GetValue(), self.noe_ref_1.GetValue(), self.noe_sat_1.GetValue(), self.noe_ref_err_1.GetValue(), self.noe_sat_err_1.GetValue(), self.nmrfreq_value_noe1.GetValue(),self.structure_noe1.GetValue(), self.unres_noe1.GetValue(), start_relax, self, 1, global_setting, file_setting, sequencefile) File "/home/michael/Programme/relax_bieri_gui/gui_bieri/res/calc_noe.py", line 66, in make_noe
   pipe.create(pipename, 'noe')
NameError: global name 'pipe' is not defined

relaxGUI is not able to feed the commands into relax. Do I have to import other modules?

Imported relax modules:
from float import floatAsByteArray
from generic_fns.mol_res_spin import generate_spin_id, spin_index_loop, spin_loop
from generic_fns import pipes, spectrum
from relax_errors import RelaxError

Do you have an idea how to solve this problem?

I have another problem relating the OMP data. relaxGUI calculated local_tm model, but it is not able to calculate the others (also the scripts can't calculate). There seems to be a problem with the pdb file, I just don't see at the moment:

Internal relax PDB parser.
Opening the file '/home/mbieri/LinuxBox/OMP/1F35_mono.pdb' for reading.
RelaxWarning: The atom number 80 from the CONECT record cannot be found within the ATOM and HETATM records. RelaxWarning: The atom number 88 from the CONECT record cannot be found within the ATOM and HETATM records.
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "relaxGUI.py", line 4126, in exec_model_free
   start_model_free(self, which_model)
 File "relaxGUI.py", line 1533, in start_model_free
   Model()
 File "relaxGUI.py", line 1125, in __init__
   structure.read_pdb(PDB_FILE)
 File "/usr/local/relax-1.3.4/prompt/structure.py", line 464, in read_pdb
generic_fns.structure.main.read_pdb(file=file, dir=dir, read_mol=read_mol, set_mol_name=set_mol_name, read_model=read_model, set_model_num=set_model_num, parser=parser) File "/usr/local/relax-1.3.4/generic_fns/structure/main.py", line 247, in read_pdb cdp.structure.load_pdb(file_path, read_mol=read_mol, set_mol_name=set_mol_name, read_model=read_model, set_model_num=set_model_num, verbosity=verbosity) File "/usr/local/relax-1.3.4/generic_fns/structure/internal.py", line 628, in load_pdb
   mol.fill_object_from_pdb(mol_records)
File "/usr/local/relax-1.3.4/generic_fns/structure/internal.py", line 1373, in fill_object_from_pdb self.atom_connect(index1=self.__atom_index(record[1]), index2=self.__atom_index(record[i+2])) File "/usr/local/relax-1.3.4/generic_fns/structure/internal.py", line 1332, in atom_connect
   if index2 not in self.bonded[index1]:
TypeError: list indices must be integers

I tried both, the monomer (extracted in pymol) and the dimer.

Thank you for your help!

Cheers
Michael

Edward d'Auvergne schrieb:
Michael,

I have been modifying your GUI branch to launch the GUI from relax.
All your code and pictures from file #7341
(https://gna.org/support/download.php?file_id=7341) attached to task
#6847 (https://gna.org/task/?6847#comment4) is now committed to the
SVN repository.  So to launch the GUI, you can type any one of the
following:

$ relax -g bieri
$ relax --gui bieri
$ relax -b
$ relax --bieri

You can see all my changes on the relax-commits mailing list
(https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-commits), which I would recommend
you subscribe to so you can see all the changes occurring to your
branch.  Not all elements of the interface may work, but the GUI
should launch independently of where relax is installed or where you
run it from.  If you haven't already, you can check out your branch by
typing:

$ svn co svn+ssh://michaelbieri@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/branches/bieri_gui

Later on I will make lots of code cleanups/modification
recommendations and suggestions for renaming of files and directories,
as well as for reorganising the separate GUI elements into separate
modules.  For example increasing the comment count and clearly
describing in human understandable terms what a statement or block of
statements are doing (this is part of the design of relax so that
non-programmers can understand and contribute).  And using the
standard relax variable, class, module etc. naming conventions.