mailRe: Box layouts.

Posted by Michael Bieri on January 26, 2010 - 22:22:
Hi Edward

I am just back from the prolonged Australia day weekend. You obviously worked hard on the GUI, so let me reorientated in the code.

I will rename all the copy_copy... elements into logical naming (these are all from the beginning, where I was quite fresh in programming).

I will also have a look at the modelfree calculation, but I think the GUI needs an owns script, as we need a feedback to the GUI elements during calculations, which is not necessary for the other UIs. But maybe you already made them separate.

I will have some time today to understand the new structure you've created and give some feedbacks later.

Cheers
Michael

Edward d'Auvergne schrieb:
Hi Michael,

I am in the process of trying to fix the automatic model-free protocol
execution in the GUI.  I have successfully spun out all of this code
into its own module, gui_bieri.auto_analyses.auto_model_free.  I will
now try to shift each model-free GUI out into separate functions, and
thereby eliminate names such as
'results_dir_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_1_copy' which I am totally lost
with!  These functions will return the elements they create so that
they can be placed in the box layout that you have defined in the
sizer_* objects.  For me to get this back into order, would you be
able to describe - maybe with an SVG diagram to include with the code
- of your box layout for the different frames?

Also note that the automatic protocol code from full_analysis.py that
was duplicated has been deleted!  I shifted the code from the
full_analysis.py script into the relax module
auto_analyses.dauvergne_protocol.  Both the full_analysis.py script
and the model-free GUI now uses this code, although not all the data
is sent in (the web interface will eventually also use this).  This is
why I am hacking apart your model-free GUI code, to be able to
understand and obtain all the data we need to send into the
dAuvergne_protocol class.  I would highly recommend that you perform
similar code clean ups for the rest of the GUI - one module per
analysis frame.  Just watch what I am doing for ideas.