mailMerging of the 'bieri_gui' GUI branch back into the main line.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 17, 2010 - 09:25:
Hi Michael,

I have now committed a series of fixes for the 'bieri_gui' branch.
All menu entries are now debugged and totally functional (on both
GNU/Linux and MS Windows, Mac OS X is untested).  One key problem was
opening, closing, and then reopening windows - this would kill the
program.  It is now handled correctly.  The relax manual will now open
up with 'F1' into a local application.  All the windows, apart from
the main one, are re-sizable and the GUI elements smoothly expand or
contract to match.  This makes the relax controller window much more
useful as you can now make it bigger or even full screen, and it looks
ok in Windows.  I have also added one new feature which makes the GUI
incredibly more powerful.  I have now used wxPython to re-implement
the relax prompt within the GUI.  This is located in 'View->relax
prompt'.  This is only for power users, but it enables all of relax's
features to be available in the GUI.  For example, all of relax's
pre-written scripts can be run from here.

Anyway, I've now performed a dummy merge of the 'bieri_gui' branch
back into the main line.  There are a few problems (4 conflicts) but
these were quite easy to resolve.  I'm not sure how these conflicts
arose though.  It looks like some parts of the main line were not
merged into the 'bieri_gui' branch - probably due to improper
resolution of conflicts after an 'svnmerge.py merge' command.  Some
look like there were changes applied in both the main line and the
branch separately.  Anyway, it is easy to fix.

So I can merge the GUI branch into the main line at any time.  The
branch seems complete and bug free enough to be merged back and
released as relax 1.3.6.  I will be on holidays for the start of next
week, but maybe 1.3.6 with GUI could be out very soon.  Is there
anything left to do in the branch?  Is this ready to be merged?  I
would suggest reapplying
https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-commits/2010-09/msg00048.html to the
1.3 line once the branch is merged.