mailRe: [bug #21869] test_m61_exp_data_to_m61 fails in parallel

Posted by justin on March 27, 2014 - 16:39:
On 27/03/14 16:23, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
Hi Justin,

Thanks for the bug report, I'm trying to come up with a solution for
this nightmare of a test.  Just as a side note, from the information
printout I can see that you have relax installed into the Python
site-packages directory.  But I have not designed relax as a Python
site-package, it is not possible to run 'import relax' from within
Python.  Do you know how relax got there?

Sure I do. I am the downstream package maintainer for Gentoo Linux and I
wrote the ebuild (our package installer file similar to .spec and
others) to install it there. I know you cannot in import from relax but
I don't know any smarter place as the default destination for python
stuff. Plus that this location is specific for every python ABI, so in
general it would be possible to have parallel installations for every
support python ABI. But that's a detail how python is handled on Gentoo.

Cheers,
Justin