mailNumpy v. Numeric; Scipy V Scientific

Posted by Michael S. Marlow on September 12, 2006 - 02:40:
I have previously installed the Scipy and Numpy packages for python2.4. Upon
executing relax -test, the message "The dependency 'Numeric' has not been
installed." appeared. After I installed Numeric and re-executed relax -test, I
received: "The dependency 'Scientific' has not been installed."
When I installed Scipy, I did not install the atlas and labpack modules, but
test level=1 of scipy returns an 'OK'

Is there a difference between Scientific and Scipy, how can I get around
this?
Is migration to Numpy under consideration?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael S. Marlow, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics