mailRe: Numpy v. Numeric; Scipy V Scientific

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 12, 2006 - 12:00:
Hi,

Welcome to the relax users mailing list Mike.  Chris is spot on.
Scientific was chosen over scipy because of the PDB reading abilities
- the data format within Scientific is much more advanced and user
friendly.  The relax download page
(http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html) has recently been updated to
include links to all the dependencies (this was Andrew Perry's idea).

The migration from numeric to numpy has been discussed on the relax
developers mailing list (https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/relax-devel/ or
https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/).  In summary a numpy
migration will occur in the future, possibly within the 1.3
developmental versions.

Bye,

Edward