mailRe: relax in Windows

Posted by Daniel Perez on September 13, 2006 - 12:39:
It's not a problem, all improvements to relax are welcome.  As for
compiling the C modules, the sconstruct system is the way to go.  I
don't know if the C++ version of Microsoft Visual Studio will compile
C source code.  Do you have the free download version "Visual C++ 2005
Express", or some other version?  If it does compile C though, the
sconstruct system (http://www.scons.org/) is the way relax builds it's
modules.  According to the SCons website, the system has "[b]uilt-in
support for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and past Visual Studio
versions", so by running the command 'scons' in the relax base
directory the modules should automatically compile.  I'll download the
free version of Visual Studio and give it a go - maybe I will be able
to provide Windows binaries to download!

Bye,

Edward

Hi Ed,

I have the 2005 version of Visual Studio, the costly one. I tryed running the sconstruct file, and the error message is the following:

exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
File "D:\Program Files\NMR\relax-1.2.6\sconstruct.py", line 814, in ?
Main()
File "D:\Program Files\NMR\relax-1.2.6\sconstruct.py", line 55, in __init__
self.help()
File "D:\Program Files\NMR\relax-1.2.6\sconstruct.py", line 245, in help
Help(string)
NameError: global name 'Help' is not defined

Have a nice evening

Daniel