mailRe: relax in Windows

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 13, 2006 - 12:53:
That's a bizarre error message, which version of SCons are you using?
Is it 0.96.1 or later?  Those are the program versions where the SCons
internal function Help should exist.

Thanks,

Edward

On 9/13/06, Daniel Perez <daniel.perez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's not a problem, all improvements to relax are welcome.  As for
> compiling the C modules, the sconstruct system is the way to go.  I
> don't know if the C++ version of Microsoft Visual Studio will compile
> C source code.  Do you have the free download version "Visual C++ 2005
> Express", or some other version?  If it does compile C though, the
> sconstruct system (http://www.scons.org/) is the way relax builds it's
> modules.  According to the SCons website, the system has "[b]uilt-in
> support for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and past Visual Studio
> versions", so by running the command 'scons' in the relax base
> directory the modules should automatically compile.  I'll download the
> free version of Visual Studio and give it a go - maybe I will be able
> to provide Windows binaries to download!
>
> Bye,
>
> Edward

Hi Ed,

I have the 2005 version of Visual Studio, the costly one. I tryed
running the sconstruct file, and the error message is the following:

    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
   File "D:\Program Files\NMR\relax-1.2.6\sconstruct.py", line 814, in ?
     Main()
   File "D:\Program Files\NMR\relax-1.2.6\sconstruct.py", line 55, in
__init__
     self.help()
   File "D:\Program Files\NMR\relax-1.2.6\sconstruct.py", line 245, in help
     Help(string)
NameError: global name 'Help' is not defined

Have a nice evening

Daniel