mailRe: scripts

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on January 08, 2007 - 04:36:
Hi Hongyan,

I've just come back from summer holidays at the beach which is why I
didn't respond to your earlier queries.  Chris answered your questions
exactly as I would have.  relax has been designed to be flexible.  The
user functions and the scripting abilities allow you to implement
almost all of the different model-free data analysis chains present in
the literature - and there are many!  The only limitation is your
imagination.

The chi-squared and parameter value differences you are experiencing
are due to a multitude of factors.  Breaking these into the different
aspects of the data analysis chain, these are:  model selection, model
elimination, and optimisation (or minimisation).  By carefully
redesigning your relax script, you should be able to replicate very
similar behaviour to Art's Modelfree (or Dasha if you wish).  I
wouldn't recommend that at all though (see below).  Douglas Kojetin
has asked the same question
(https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-users/2006-12/msg00008.html,
I hope these archived posts help (I'd recommend reading them all).