mailRe: Compiling on Mac OS 10.4

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 02, 2008 - 10:18:
Hi,

Welcome to the relax users mailing list.  I've seen this problem
before but can't remember exactly what is causing it.  We should be
able to fix this though.  I'm pretty sure that the suggestions on the
internet of using distutils for this are out of place.  I use
distutils for the minfx package which is a dependency for relax 1.3.1
(it used to be part of relax 1.2.x but was spun out as its own project
for other people to use).  But relax doesn't use distutils, so I think
these suggestions for distutils on the internet are rubbish - just
trolls trying to convince innocent users that the developers of the
software should use distutils rather than the currently used
compilation and installation methods.

This problem has been encountered before by Douglas Kojetin "douglas
dot kojetin att gmail dot com"
(https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-01/msg00011.html).  I
think you'll find a solution here:
https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-01/msg00014.html.  The
thread continues into the next month here:
https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-02/msg00000.html.  Don't
worry about the descriptions about using 'make', we've switched
everything in relax to using 'scons'.  Anyway, I hope this helps.
Otherwise we'll have to find another solution.