mailRe: Temperature calibration & relax @ Mac OS X 10.7. 3 „Lion“

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on April 02, 2012 - 15:56:
Hi,

Ok, I think I'm going to have to get my hands on a Lion for this!  The
problem shown in the relax-launcher-console.log file with:

AttributeError:  'module' object has no attribute 'TickCount'

is caused by the wrong version of Python being run.  The problem is in
the __boot__.py script - which is only present on Macs and is
automatically created by something called py2app so that a Python
program can be in a DMG file which contains a copy of Python and all
dependencies (you won't find that file in the relax repository).  You
can test your Python compatibility by typing, in the Python prompt:

from Carbon.Evt import TickCount

In older versions of Python on the Mac, this TickCount object does not
exist, hence that AttributeError failure (and the 'Carbon' package
only exists on the Mac).  The other error in the relax-gui-info.log
log file looks to be unrelated, but seems to again be a Python version
problem.  For the DMG file, I have built into it my own custom install
of Python 2.7.2, so earlier Python versions will probably fail.  Maybe
what is needed is a log from when you click on the relax icon, as I
think that is different to the problems in the logs attached to your
bug report (https://gna.org/bugs/?19606).  This is very difficult to
tell, as the /Applications/relax.app/Contents/MacOS/relax file is a
special Mac OS X binary created for the DMG file, again absent from
all other relax distribution files.  You can force logging (well
teeing to be precise) by adding the line:

        self.tee_file = '~/real_gui.log'

to just after the run() method in the relax.py file (at line 148).
Note that the 8 spaces at the front is very important.  This will then
create the file 'real_gui.log' in your home directory, and this should
contain the real Mac OS X Lion error when using the DMG file.  If you
could attach that file to your bug report, that would really help (I
hope).