mailRe: [1.3.15/Mac] Linking to global PATHs

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on May 24, 2012 - 10:18:
Hi,

I've been thinking about a solution for this problem, but it's not
easy.  I do not know how to get the environmental variable $PATH into
an App, as this is only designed to be in the environment of a
terminal.  Maybe there is another way on a Mac to define where Apps
search for other programs?  But I have a feeling that the App is
designed to be stand-alone and complete isolated from everything else
on the system.  There are two solutions that I can think of.  The
first would be to design a new part of relax which reads a
configuration file from your home directory.  relax would then have a
'file association' dialog in the 'tools' menu.  The only problem is
that reading a config file from the home directory might be equally
confusing for a Mac app!  This would require a lot of research into
how Mac apps behave, and how the pInfo file needs to be modified.  The
other solution would be manually specify the full path each time :S
Unfortunately, I think I need more time to think of a permanent
solution.  Maybe there is some Mac user out there who knows of such a
solution?