mailRe: SH3, model-free failed (relax GUI)

Posted by Martin Ballaschk on June 05, 2012 - 15:15:
Hi Edward,

On 05.06.2012, at 14:32, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
I would recommend reading Sebastien Morin's paper about the
consistency testing to understand how to interpret the plots.  He also
gives the relevant references for the different parts of the tests
where you will find more details.  I would recommend it.

Yes, of course I read the paper. But since the SH3 is such a small protein
with a correlation time far less then the 5 ns mentioned in the paper, I'm
not sure about the reliability of the results. From the interpretation of the
correlation plots and the "J(0)-test" the data seem to be consistent.

As for the
model elimination, this is completely explained in my 2006 paper on
model-free model elimination
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10858-006-9007-z).

Thank you for the hint. I should have just printed out and read each and
every paper of yours.

Now that I looked more carefully at
the results file, I can see the exact problem.  I would recommend
multiplying your proton frequencies by 1e6, as they should be in Hz ;)

Great news! :D Thank you so much for the hint. I'll start relax once more
with correct frequency values.

Something that's bugging me anyway, and I should probably file a bug report
for: There is no convenient or obvious way how to edit the relaxation data
loaded into the MF auto-analysis.

Also, deleting NOE data sets is failing here:

relax> relax_data.delete(ri_id='noe.600')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/relax/gui/interpreter.py", line 311, in run
    apply(fn, args, kwds)
  File "/usr/local/relax/prompt/relax_data.py", line 128, in delete
    relax_data.delete(ri_id=ri_id)
  File "/usr/local/relax/generic_fns/relax_data.py", line 484, in delete
    del spin.ri_data[ri_id]
KeyError: 'noe.600'

I guess this is some kind of bug. The error message is not telling so much.
You can try for yourself by opening the "mf_state.bz2" file in the dropbox
folder.

Cheers
Martin

I think I'll add some checks to relax for the input frequency.