mailRe: unit tests vs... the current test_suite

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on October 31, 2006 - 16:54:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

>> 2. I think the unit_test folder will need to be a mirror of the relax
>> source tree otherwise there will be name space clashes...
>

> Could the files be named something like
> 'test_specific_fns_model_free.py'?  That would avoid many directories.
> I'm not worried about complexity with the test suite though - if it's
> a (partial) mirror of the normal tree, then it should be pretty simple
> to work out.

A more contentius statement is that it should be a mirror orf the normal
tree, most files should have test cases.... ;-)

I wouldn't call that contentious, it's pretty logical.  By partial I
meant leaving out the 'minimise' directory

Actually minimise seems to be an ideal case for unit tests as it is quite low level ;-) So I guess it should go in for now and then we extract the tests back out again when you come to spin it off?

regards
gary

as that will be spun off
into it's own project and the 'sample_script' and 'docs' directories.

Obviously these aren't candidates for tests ;-)

Edward

.

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407