mailRe: CAPTCHA for the relax wiki.

Posted by Troels Emtekær Linnet on August 12, 2013 - 13:39:
Jesus, how annoying.

I will implement the Extension:QuestyCaptcha
later today.

Best
Troels

Troels Emtekær Linnet

2013/8/12 Edward d'Auvergne <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Troels,

The reCAPTCHA from Google is clearly not working - I just deleted a
ton of bots and the junk pages they created.  I think we should
consider different options for the relax wiki.  For example we can
have some basic NMR questions through QuestyCaptcha:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:QuestyCaptcha

I.e. questions or statements such as, "Please expand the acronym NMR"
and maybe "Please expand the acronym FID".  Another tough question for
bots might be, "Please list a maker of NMR magnets".  These should be
easier enough for NMR users while blocking the bots.  What do you
think?  We could just constantly change between basic NMR questions if
a bot herder manually breaks the Captcha by using Google and storing
the answer - which we will easily see once the junk comes through
again.  If the bots become too overwhelming, then we can resort to:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension%3aConfirmAccount