mailRE: [bug #22730] Model-free auto-analysis - relax stops and quits at the polate step.

Posted by Olena Dobrovolska on October 20, 2014 - 17:48:
Hi Edward,

The problem with the repeating spherical diffusion tensor initialisation has
disappeared right from the moment I updated the relax version. Also, the
problem of stopping of the calculation has not been happening anymore.

Last calculation reached the point of prolate up to 28 round, which seemed to
me strange and I stopped it.

At the moment I do not know where could be a problem. We performed
temperature calibration prior each epxeriment, as you suggest. Also we used
signle scan interleaving approach. Therefore, unless it is possible to see
from the acquired data, I do not think this is the reason, because, as I
explained, this point has been considered.

The protein I am studying is a homodimer, composed of the two head-to-head
dimerised C-terminal domains to which the N-terminal domains are attached via
flexible linkers. As this is a homodimer, I see the number of 15N-1H HSQC
peaks corresponding for only a monomer. To study this protein as a dimer (as
it is) I duplicated the data in the final DC files, in accordance with the
pdb file of the dimer.
My purpose is to run model-free analysis for the entire protein. But also I
am interested to analyse the domains separately, so I began with calculations
for the N-terminal part of it, cutting away the rest of the data. Exactly
this part I have sent you. Do you think that could cause the problem? Then I
should just run Model-free analysis for the entire protein, and see if it
will stay within 2 to 15 rounds.

As for the structure quality. What kind of parameters should be considered in
this case? Do you see the problems from the input data I have sent you?

Thanks for your effort.

Regards,
Olena